Thread: The Smoking Ban
View Single Post
Unread 28 May 2007, 21:53   #26
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Smoking Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
I think the problem here is your assumption that the majority will drive the market. If you have a group of five friends and one of them wants to smoke, they will go to a smoking pub over a non-smoking pub. The majority does not rule.
That's not the smokers fault, it's the weakness of the "majority". Also what kind of friends do you have where you allow the one smoker dictate where you go?

I have two groups of friends, the majority in one group smoke, ie 8/10 the other group im the only smoker. In the second group no way do I dictate where we go depending on whether or not I can smoke, thats ludicrous. If say we go to a restaurant I will always step outside and in general when around a group of non smokers I step outside. So perhaps you are just a weak person and let a smoker bully you into going where he/she wants to go.

If you were THAT bothered, you wouldn't go to smoke filled pubs and slowly the market would adapt.

Of course the counter argument would be that the government is doing this to protect us and all that bollacks. We know that's horse shit as they are willing to sell them to us, but smoking them when and where we want. NO NO NO.