Thread: New Players
View Single Post
Unread 7 Aug 2014, 14:05   #1
bergs

bergs is an unknown quantity at this point
New Players

Hi guys
I used to play Planetarion when i was in high school and loved it (round 4). Since then i try and play every now and again but its never been the same since the player count has dropped. As a player now with a full time job this game is getting harder and harder to find the time and the commitment to play. i can only speak for my self here but I'm guessing others may feel the same.

What I'm getting at is each round the same question is asked, how to get more players to join but i think we may need to look back to figure out this.

I see this game a little like football manager. Each year improvements are made, only making the game more complex for the addicted few but making it impossible to have fun straight away like other games such as clash of clans. it was easier at the start as with more players there were more opportunities for smaller players to be successful and not be farmed but now the smaller players are attacked by all and as such enjoyment is reduced. A simple protection system after a significant attack to provide time for redevelopment may help. Also only being able to attack players of a similar size may protect the new players more.

Also and I'm sure il be the only one here with this one but using IRC as the chat option seems overly techy and complicated to the beginner. A more simplified in game chat option would be useful. How about much reduced attacking times but a larger time to return fleets, means instant gratification for attacking but also places a penalty on ships allocation ability.

Just a few thoughts on why i find this game difficult and hard to play and problems with the tactics. A game with more levels of players allows for progression and opportunity to become addicted. As new players we don't expect to win but equally we like to do well too. Let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree.

While I'm thinking, how about bonus resources given periodically to the weaker players to boost development and allow them to catch back up?

Bergs
bergs is offline   Reply With Quote