Thread: Fake Defence
View Single Post
Unread 11 Oct 2005, 10:32   #18
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Fake Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Arfy
P.S. No I would not accept fake defence fleets. If you're having a bad night, those ships can usually be used for other calls. I really don't see the benefit to it.
Do you really get equal numbers of each class of incoming? Certainly in Round 14 the great majority of incoming was CR/BS, and without fake defence we would have been screwed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
fake defence/attack is a way to allow someoe to help their alliance/galaxy if they know they won;t be online to recall later - as such it removes a reliance on activity from the game and hence i'd like fake defence to return.

fake defence also poentially allows for new tactics and hence a skill increase - therfore more skill, less activity, which is what the game should be about.
Why must activity become even less important? - but that's a different question.

Fake defence is a powerful weapon, and some would argue that it has become over-used of recent times. I'm not an advocate of this, but I think that it has reached its limit. Being able to select a mission where the fake defence automatically recalls makes things just too easy for the defenders. What about the fun games where Vsh are used to defend against Terran DE fleets? You just make things too easy for defenders if you don't force them to be online to recall at eta 1/whenever.

Find me on IRC if you want me to go into more details, my hands are tired.