View Single Post
Unread 11 Sep 2018, 14:31   #30
[JungleMuffin]

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about
Re: The Ironborn Backstab

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenoX View Post
Yes we were weak against CR, as your CR strat makes you weak against almost everything. Who was responsible for your strat exactly?
The point I'm trying to make is, you were only weak against CR because you allowed yourselves to be, and as a result of that, have noone but yourselves to blame for attracting more incs on IB planets than Ult, in Ult heavy gals.

I'd also have to disagree with the CR strat being weak againsy almost everything. The only thing 'we' (keeping in mind I'm not a HC or official representative of CT) struggled with was DE incs for one day, which was swiftly rectified by HC being humble enough to aknowledge they'd overlooked some potential vulnerabilities, and adressed it with updating build orders that same day. CT were also vulnerable to CR inc themselves, but solved that problem politicially.

That's the crux of where you've gone wrong IMO, or at least one of the ways. From a fleet perspective, CT and alliances like them adapted, while IB doubled down and kept beating their head against the brick wall. Politically, Carnage, CT et al buddied up with alliances they'd struggle against, while IB buddied up with an alliance that was Cat/Xan CO based, which is utterly udeless against your opposition. On s3cond thought, not only should your Mil HC be sacked, your political HC should too. Who was responsible for these decisions?

As for who was responsible for my allies strat, I can't say, as I wasn't there when it was decided. Needless to say, you will never see my chosing an ally strat which revolves around a single target TT+3 EMP ship, and a Ziko class where the 2 tick def shoots first. But hey, I chose Ter based on BS, so I'm not infallible.

Quote:
It's obvious to me that you were not playing CR in a CR ally, since CT didn't land CR on us after what, tick 250? Yes our strat meant we had anti-CR late but after that you didn't touch us, regardless of how much you kept trying while Forest was "hitting ult".
I'm not sure if this is adressed to me as an individual, but to adress your first statement, I can't help but compliment you for your insight. Yes, you are correct in your observation that I wasn't playing CR, given I joined CT after tick start and Terran also don't have CR pods.

As for CT not landing you after pt250: Now I know you probably won't believe it, given your somewhat paranoid perspective regarding ancillary incs on Ult gal raids, but CT didn't target you after pt250. We spent a good 300 ticks actively avoiding initiating hostilities with almost every alliance, resulting in some very lacklustre targets, and after that point attacked either Ult gals, or forts of alliances which had hit us heavily the day before. At all times, IB targets were not available other than one or two planets across multiple gals.

Now that may not fit with your perspective of CT targetting you foremost while pretending to hit Ult, but it is fact.

Quote:
Yes CT assistance was great, thats why we've had 500 incs from CT this round vs the 350 you put on Ultores according to the intel Xerxes just shared with me. It just goes to support everything I've said so far about Forest/CT and completely vindicates our decision to end the war.
No. All ot shows is thst Ult actually have a leadership and memberbase which is incapable of composing politics/fleets that deter incs. You built shit fleets and performed shit politics, all of which culminated in you recieving more incs from CT than they sent at Ult, even while actively targetting Ult. Forest was quite clearly pro IB the entire round, yet through your own failures as a leadership team and alliance, you've managed to construe the total opposite, and turned on one of your few allies.

Taking this as vindication for your final decision to nap Ult and turn on CT supports only one thing, and that is that you/IB have made a monumental cock up that in one fell swoop has managed to throw away any chance of a round win this round, alienated one of your few and strongest allies this round, turned them off you for future rounds, and shown yourselves to not be trustworthy in the future.

Frankly, IB members should be absolutely ****ing filthy at their HC team, and the people responsible for these countless cockups need to put their hand up and aknowledge that they're absolutely useless/inept.
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?

Last edited by [JungleMuffin]; 11 Sep 2018 at 14:43.
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote