View Single Post
Unread 4 Oct 2006, 18:49   #3
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Age of Empires vs Civilisation

One is real time (Age of Empires) and one is a turned based (Civilization) so they're quite different.

I enjoyed the first two Age of Empires games a lot but both are very dated now. As for the latest one (3) while still a good standard mold RTS I didn't find as enjoyable since they've moved towards fantasy rather than having a semi historical background to the campaign.

Myself I prefer Civilization, the scope of the game is far larger, you run an entire Civilization over 5,000 years and the game has great replay value. The first two instalments were classics but around 10 years old and very dated now, the third is definitely one to stay away from but in my opinion (and I'm sure several people will disagree) Civilization 4 is brilliant and well worth getting, there's also a new expansion available which is a snip at £15.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote