Thread: Ancient history
View Single Post
Unread 4 Sep 2010, 17:52   #66
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Ancient history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumo View Post
While Ministry may have cheated, I don't consider Ministry a superpower either for different reasons altogether.

And botting is different than simple account sharing, signing up 100 planets (iirc this is a low ball figure) and using a bot to run them is very different than having a mate check in on your account, scan, launch whatever.

I will not deny that both VNC and botting is definitely cheating, and both Ministry and Dragons, if not all allies in PIA cheated, it's the fact that the scale of cheating was greater than most top tier alliance have had. And I don't doubt great HCs like BaSSe and Mac disagreed with the cheating, and they certainly distanced themselves from it (they weren't even HCs of Dragons at the time iirc).
And who pray tell signed up 100 planets? I think you're confusing this with Killmark. Jedi required that each planet be run through a proxy on someones computer, effectively meaning every account in there corresponded to a real person. Glorified accountsharing, basically. There were other features to the bot, but none of them were ever used afaik.

Ps. I knew people who played in Legion back in the day who had 10-20 planets. There's never been a clean alliance in this game, although granted the advantages of accountsharing with pl's and such are far lesser now than they were before, which accounts for the marked decline in any such activities.