View Single Post
Unread 10 May 2004, 11:53   #47
Rumad
th0ng gimp

Rumad has a spectacular aura aboutRumad has a spectacular aura about
Re: Phraktos

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComradeRob
If Phraktos HC have made any mistake, it is that they waited too long before declaring war, and did not secure themselves enough allies before doing so. Staying in the block with Mistu/FAnG would have been the cowards way out (assuming Mistu/FAnG would have allowed them to stay in the block for the remainder of the round).

As for the defectors... I can understand why FAnG/Mistu would want to take Phraktos members in. Attrition wears down the member base each round, so a chance to recruit some good (if somewhat unreliable and glory-seeking) members is unforunately too good to refuse for most HC. In the long run this might prove to have been a mistake, if these new members act with the same degree of loyalty to their new alliances.

As an aside, I suppose these recruitments by FAnG/Mistu could be an attempt by one or both of those alliances to strengthen themselves for a final battle with each other, though I suspect that's just wishful thinking on my part.
Actually FAnG has 100 members so won't be taking anyone in as you put it.

Phraktos have been arrogant and hard to work with all round. They have made decisions on how strong and stable they were as an alliance. Yet its a first round alliance. They made a decision and expected everyone to love them for thee actions and all they did was commit suicide. Staying in the blokc wasn't the cowards way out it was the nly ay out with the way the round is structured.

However arrogance and a belief they were better than what they were led to there own collapse.

There will be no final battle betwen FAnG and MISTU - we have co operation has been good all round and I would not expec that to be dissapated with some actions against each other.

Unfotunately rob you way off the mark with this post apart from that phraktos believed everyone would love them and in fact it hasn't happned.

if they had laid the foundations correctly and done this a the correct time they would have stood a better chance, but they never. Then they backstabbed WP by allowing them to be roided by allis who never wanted them in in the first place. They have completely and positivey lacked and strategic vision in there attempt to break up the block and wre hoping for far more bad feeling towards fang having a big impact in turning the tide for them.

I think Phraktos wont be here next round and thats a shame for its members. Still alliance turnover can only be healthy for the alliances that remain.
Former legion th0ng master
Proud to be Independent

Last edited by Rumad; 10 May 2004 at 12:22.
Rumad is offline   Reply With Quote