Thread: Phraktos
View Single Post
Unread 9 May 2004, 23:37   #31
Synthetic_Sid

Synthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet societySynthetic_Sid is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: Phraktos

Quote:
Originally Posted by midge5
As you can see in the news scans of Dreamy(#10 in 22:8), when he launched the 3 fleets he was teaming up with galaxy members. They had claimed these targets in either a MISTU or FAnG raid so he was just helping out to increase the chances of a successful attack, he had no say in picking them. So I suppose he would be low life scum then but personally I don't see the harm in attacking an alliance who kicked you out. You earlier mentioned

The distinction of non-HC is worthless to me, I would just go wherever best I could get roids or help my galaxy mates most. I agree he was foolish to use three fleets but I suppose he assumed that due to the fact he had nearly joined MISTU then they would not hit him and the galaxy could cover him if he was attacked.
The distinction between HC/non-HC was based on the supposed conecept that he was kicked from Phraktos for no apparent reason: if I were kicked from an alliance for no reason I'd be aggrieved at the HC - but not at my fellow members. Assuming that your galaxy can cover you for inbounds is the height of selfishness - and is the attitude that got Ph into their mess in the first place ("I don't need to build def fleets - other members can defend me. Oh fk, none of us have defence fleets!")

If you truly believe someone who leaves their alliance and the same day attacks their ex-alliance members with 3 fleets in justified then we'll have to agree to differ. Personally, I'd roid them into the ground before letting them near my alliance. Tomkat mentioned this as being a chance to recruit new loyal members for next round - all I can say to that is that my expereience is that ship-jumpers during a war in PA have never proved (to any great degree) to be loyal members in my experience. I'd far rather recruit (for the next round) members who stuck by their old alliance for the round's duration and took their punishment with their alliance-mates.