View Single Post
Unread 19 May 2015, 01:46   #9
TheoDD

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just had a thought about astropods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
I dont like the idea as proposed; having pods fired on separately does not make much sense to me - surely unless huge numbers are built they would just be killed... unless all ships only target them second, in which case they would never be killed! Either is a bit extreme for me.

Instead a much more sensible way of doing this would simply be for there to be a standard pod for each class. Once a player has finished researching light hulls they would have the chance of designating some pod options; fi class, co class, or none. They would then do the same when finished medium hulls; fr class, de class or none, and heavy hulls. The player would be allowed to designate up to 2 pod types (or three - something for the statsmaker to decide? it could possible also be up to the statsmaker whether to allow 1 or 2 per metaclass). In every other way they would be the same as today's pods.
this doesnt make much more difference than Mr Lobster suggested.
Even if it just 1 type of pod, i would assume it would match the eta of the rest of the fleet type. No other ships then it travels at fi/co speed.

Either way, targetting of just pods and having it as it own class is a no go imo aswell.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote