View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 04:47   #6
Envious
Ambiguous Anachronism

Envious has a spectacular aura aboutEnvious has a spectacular aura about
Re: How to keep bashed/small/new players interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey

The Second Education is of the alliances. The alliances hold a players outlook on the game in their hands and if the alliance keep failing their members like they do by driving into them outdated views and tactics then the outlooks not good. No matter what some alliances may try and tell you the important factor at the end of the day is your score not your avg score. Your avg score doesnt decide your ranking and is hence worthless as all people will remember is where your total score left you ranked. As such player should be being encouraged to go for attacks that maxjmise your score gains which is something that isnt happening when an alliance sending 3+ waves from planets twice the targets value with the sole intent of trying to destroy someones round
I disagree. About R12 + R13 rankings i merely remember the winner alliance and i could name the block that won, i have not the slightest idea about top 6-10 alliances. I remember, however, that Angels had a really good average in both rounds and ToT too in R13, despite not having much impact on total rankings. So i remember both alliances as outstanding in terms of result (let us not talk here of the means they used to achieve that) for their average score mainly, not total score.

I also don't see why you distinguish between aiming at average or total score in attack tactics. Attacks are made to increase individual player score, which will inevitable affect the total as well as the average score of the alliance. Total vs. avergage surely is an issue in the recruiting policy, but i really can't see how you can do attacks tailored rather to total than average score, given a fixed group of people attacking.

Last edited by Envious; 5 Aug 2005 at 06:09.
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote