View Single Post
Unread 10 Jan 2008, 12:36   #31
Sun_Tzu
Arrogant Fck

Sun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of lightSun_Tzu is a glorious beacon of light
Re: A Planetarion vision - a manager required?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe
Not for profit does not necessarily mean it costs nothing to play, and yes good managers will work for free on open source projects, look at linux among many others. I for one would donate my time to help manage this game (I do long term software design planning in rl) if it was either a payed position, or Jolt made it open source.
From what I saw the other day, you might well have the potential to become quite good at understanding the workings of this game, and I don't doubt your skill at what you do, however you would do good in recruiting some knowledgeable people to work with(if you ever choose to apply for such a task and were to be given the responsability).

ps. For reference I've often used teams of people to bounce ideas of, knowing each persons strong points and weaknesses. If I can defend my viewpoints against any objections they may have, then I know it's a good decision.