View Single Post
Unread 11 Mar 2008, 01:03   #42
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Fake nicking: good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
The thing is as far as fake nicking goes I can take it or leave it personally. My use of fake nicking extends normally as far as between 2-5 days when joining a new galaxy while I decide if the galaxies worth staying in (Resonable activity and not full of people who's personality means I'fm going to want to kill them within a few days )

As such its not the idea of getting rid of the fake nicks that I'm against but rather the fact that the idea removes peoples choice and does so on the false belief that fake nicking is the core cause of distrust rather than the result of distrust. If people don't want to be judged on who they are or what alliance they belong to or dont want to draw incoming because of who they are or what alliance they belong to, then its their choice and their choice alone.

Galaxy members shouldn't need to know every single thing about each other either, all they need is that common goal that being in a galaxy together should bring and should be committed to helping each other out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Membrivio
I
A last remark @ Wakey
I actually wanted to react to your multiple slightly negative use of Orbit in your examples, but I will restrain myself from that. You may have the idea that we talk daily about you, but really, we are not. Trust me
There was one slightly negative use of Orbit, not multiple

And sadly you are mistaken. After my initial galaxy disbanded last round I ended up in a new galaxy containing a member of yours. He was a new player that round so knew nothing about the community. For the first few days I fake nicked simply to check the galaxy out, I wasnt going to reveal myself without being sure I was going to stay. After a few days of talking to them seeing what the activity was like I decided I would be staying so revealed my real nick.

Your member revealed his shock that it was me. He stated that the comments made about me regularly in Orbit, especially by the HC and other commanders painted me in a very bad light and that in reality I was a "good guy"

And its not the first time Ive had an orbit gal mate tell me I'm nothing like the person I get painted as by those in Orbit. Its things like this which understandably add to peoples desire to fake nick as people want clean slates and not have to fight what may be unfair reputations that other paint them with
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote