View Single Post
Unread 6 Aug 2006, 21:38   #36
KweKweK
Registered Alcoholic

KweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the roughKweKweK is a jewel in the rough
Re: Congratulations eXilition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken
Because your membership keep wanting to compare themselves to an alliance playing in an entirely different context, who play round after round and don't 'do' rest. As you will note on the thread I have not claimed anything about exilition's political relations (Note: HK suggested I mentioned blocking in this thread, I haven't) - please desist from reading in and inferring things.

The fact is 1up has the unenviable role of trying to defend their title after winning a round, while exilition have never wanted to take on this challenge, yet somehow think they are engaged in an equal battle with 1up. 1up have to deal with the consequences (being disliked, tired) of winning a round. Exilition join when these consequences come to the fore (i.e. 1up are in a position of weakness) and never decide to take them on themselves.

While it is smart and sensible, I find it:

a) a terrifically dull way of planning planetarion, as I just sit here, predict the round and log out. The only way it could EVER be justified is if all alliances who won, disbanded on principle to restore political balance, which I think would be a good thing. As such we have 1up with a legacy of victories and great performances and exilition with some fine individual efforts, and the first category is a better one, in my opinion.

b) terribly moronic when your members think they are planetarion's version of sliced bread when the real reason they've won is because essentially, someone has picked the right round to use them in.

c) weak that you can't stomach two rounds in a row if you really want to be regarded as a 'top' alliance when the demands of the game are hardly massive compared to how they used to be.

I'm not trying to find any excuses for 1up - I'm simply saying for Exilition to compare themselves to 1up is mighty rich when you look at things in context.

This is my opinion - it does not change. I am sure Exilition have played well. I doubt you need my approval to know whether you are any good or not. In all honesty, I think you've got under 1up's skin quite a great deal, because there is not much they can 'do' about the way you play and they seem to feel under pressure before the round even starts.

I'm sure if you chose to continue after this round, there might be a slightly different tale.

I have no preference for either alliance (infact much the opposite for my own reasons), but I enjoy contributing my opinion to the discussion.
The first part of your post I agreed to more or less as you could have read in my post.

a) I agree to to some extent, as you could have read from my original post aswell. Just disagree with you on what exactly makes one more or less than the other.

b) This is mainly your assumption about eXi players and not the reality. Offcourse there are some individuals who you can apply this to. But every alliance has its village idiot(s)

c) I doubt you know what the reason is and can back up your statement why eXi playes or doesnt play a round. This could be the same reason for every round since they were first formed or different. Simply stating we dont have the stomach for it is the easiest answer it seems.

I do not care to compare 1up with eXi from when pax started, I only care to compare eXi with 1up when the both played a round and what the result was. If we won good for us if 1up won good for them. I think most eXi feel the same. 1up indeed achieved more over the long run and good for them they put in the effort and achieved what they wanted. I respect that. I dont think this makes them a better or worse alliance which is a comparision you're willing to make. You take things into account which are impossible to measure how much effect that has on the achievements of an alliance. I'm not denying that has a certain effect, but simply stating its impossible to know how much effect that has on deciding the winner. just my 2 cents on your opinion. Dont forget that even if eXi isnt playing most eXi members do play.

And yes if we decide to play another round after this one there might indeed be a different tale, but than again might aswell be not the case

I probably wont be responding on this thread anymore, because it takes up far to much time to compose a decent reply in readable english for me as it isnt my native language. I'm happy to take this up further in PM.

Kind Regards
KweKweK

eXilition

Last edited by KweKweK; 7 Aug 2006 at 19:23.
KweKweK is offline   Reply With Quote