View Single Post
Unread 13 Jul 2007, 16:15   #51
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Movie Review - Transformers

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Systems Go
WRONG!

YOU'RE WRONG!

Congratulations you have just wandered into 'defending bad movies with nonsensical tags'* territory. It has become a staple of the modern cinematic age to defend bad movies with a throwaway comment like 'it's an action movie' or 'it's a chick flick'. the idea that it is impossible to make a good movie in one of these genres or that because theycan be easily stereotyped you can just shovel any old shit on to that silver screen and not complain is an appalling attitude.

When I go to watch a movie I expect it to be good. What I do not expect to see is bad acting of a bad script badly directed covered up with something shiny.

terminator 1+2 are an action movies and are great films at the same time.
terminator 3 is an action movie and is really bad at the same time.

to deride an entire of genre because you** like bad movies is frankly insulting.

*yes, it needs a better name, all suggestions will be welcomed
**the collective you, not you personally
tbh i think all terminator movies had terrible acting / plot in it and relied more on a shiny fx terminator.
Why you are using 1 & 2 as an example of a good action movie is beyond me...
But i do agree that 3 was ALOT worse than 1 & 2.

on topic: I have not yet seen Transformers but can't wait to do it. We only get it here around 27 july (goddamn the french who have to make a stupid dubbed version of it first).
I agree with travler that when i do go out to see it it'll be for entertainment and to see giant transforming robots and NOT to see "a good film" with a super plot and the best acting ever.
I mean cmon, it has transforming robots in it, how good can the plot be?

Btw: people saying that the movie can never be as good as the cartoons should really download some of the cartoons.
They're great in memory caus you watched them as a kid, but when you watch them now they'll totally suck (i know, got the first 2 seasons on my hd...)

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote