View Single Post
Unread 3 Jul 2004, 23:18   #9
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just a quick, RP combat related question.

I still remember when I was classed as a Godmodder by Killer of Lawyers (we had our arguments in the past, very unnerving) because I teleported once and even when he did not attack me (therefor not classed as a sudden escape or imortallity by always being missed).

I rememebr when there was a large defininition of the phrase Godmod or Godmodding, how to spot it or how it is done, made by a few RPers here (cannay remember who).

I remember when Godmod Arena was a classic and well-loved RP Arena from a different forums (closed now) because people did Godmod a lot, however they did it with style and, in this certain arena, the players actually didn't care if they won, lost or drew, they RPed for fun.

Arena battles in the days long gone were not really about winning, they were about making a fun battle that people could join in and have fun in a multitude of ways, for example Cheesehead belly-diving into a minefeild, respawn points changed to spawn people within the outer-shells of a star, etc.

There is one last thing I must say before I stop babbling randomly, and that is about the IFA-C (Insane Fighting Arena Championships), once owned and run by Ynten Craal in the other forums, now run by me here with a team of judges (whom change each championship, apart from Ynten whom likes to judge still). The Chapmionships were a Player vs Player event where 8 of this Forums most eager fighters battle it out against each other, with little rules and little death. However, the Chapmionships themselves are not entirely about the death of the opponent nor the killing of each other in the most simplistic of ways, it was about Style, Aggression, Control of Situations, etc.
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote