Thread: Wars
View Single Post
Unread 22 Oct 2006, 23:04   #37
HK
Agnus Dei

HK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud ofHK has much to be proud of
Re: Wars

As I can't really bother to quote you all, I'll just say that eXilition wasn't made into the power it was in rounds 13/15/18 with just it's memberbase or command team.

Wars, successful ones, will give a huge moral boost to any team and will unite the whole alliance under a single goal. I can prove this by numerous historical facts (yes, I study history, international affairs and politics) where countries have gone to wars in a desperate hope to hide their own internal problems.

For example Italy entered WW I to gain a quick victory, a moral boost and to elevate their agricultural economy (especially in southern parts of the country) to industrial economy. They failed.

After an economical crash in Russia in 1998 Putin (first as the Prime Minister and then as the President) wanted to regain control over the local situation by means of a quick and decisive war in Chechnya. Putin kind of failed but thanks to the weak ruble (which boosted local production because importing goods was too expensive) and increasing oil/gas prices he brought the country out of despair. (Unfortunately Russia under Putin's rule is moving towards autocracy instead of democracy at the moment).

Even the Second Gulf war started because Bush needed a quick moral boost to get re-elected in 2004. Obviously he succeeded, tho with quite a small margin, the war in the beginning was indeed quite successful. After the war was over and "insurgency" started to spread Bush used the situation and the media to turn USA into a state of fear ("you need me to protect you from terrorists"-style).

Obviously eXilition has been one of the few alliances which has really used the waging war tactic with such great success as most of the other alliances still regard fence-sitting as the right way forward. Well, whichever suits them best, but eX has proven this tactic to be extremely successful so why not use it yourself? It's not about the roids nor the score, it's about boosting morale and uniting your alliance under a single goal ("oh noes, 1up are evil, we must destroy them for the sake of mankind", etc).

Regards,