View Single Post
Unread 4 Sep 2007, 21:48   #1
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Out of the blue eh

Well I got a phone call off my step mum today to say that my dad had a stroke.

It's a bit weird. He's only 54, and lives a fairly healthy lifestyle (unlike his son). His only vice is gin, but who at his age doesn't like a drink.

Unfortunately he is in Birmingham and at that point I was just getting off the train in Nottingham (I'm starting a new job tomorrow and for the next two weeks I am staying in a hotel and doing some induction/orientation bull shit).

I missed the intro drinks and dinner with the other graduates and jumped straight back on the train to Birmingham. I don't really want to tell anyone, not sure why. I thought I would tell an internet forum instead, it's as though I can say what I want to say and leave it at that.

I went to visit him and he isn't in the best of shape. His confidence has been knocked. He now has to think about early retirement (he works hard, and enjoys his job, not exactly something he wanted to do for a few years). As you know with strokes sometimes they can't speak. In the case of my dead it's like trying to speak to someone who is paraletic. His speech is getting better, but its slurring and he finds it hard to speak. But by the end of my visit I can understand him.

He can't feel anything in his right hand, so can't move his fingers (thank god he's left handed).

It was just weird. Never nice seeing your own parents lying in a hospital bed, as I am sure some of you know.

He wanted me to leave and go back to Nottingham, I didn't particularly wanted to go, it doesn't kick off until 9.30am tomorrow morning and I could easily make it from brum, but he wanted me to go, so I went.

He doesn't want me to tell my sisters, which I will respect, not at least until tomorrow when they know more. I am fairly positive he will be fine and make a swift recovery.

In fact this post is a nothing post. It's just sometimes nice to get your thoughts down and reflect on the situation. I don't really feel much. I just feel sad that it's happened. It won't affect me, just ashame that I can't be there while he makes a recovery. But I guess he has his wife for that.

Anyway I'm off to try and do some last minute bonding with fellow graduates, take care all.

x