View Single Post
Unread 13 Aug 2007, 16:13   #12
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: What Should be Taught in Schools?

1. Reasoned Discussions - based around understanding what objectivity is, and being able to concede to someone else's opinion in an argument.

2. Current Affairs/Politics - children should be more aware of things going on in the world, even if it's just at a local/national level.

3. Finance - From just writing-a-cheque to more complicated things like ISAs and High Interest Savings Accounts and Mortgages, this should be taught to people. I still don't know much about savings accounts and wish more had been covered on this when I was younger, instead of some of the crap we did in PSHE.

I have a tutor group next year (year 11s) and while there is a curriculum for PSHE*, I might just ignore it and do my own thing. It's 1 hour per week and while there will be set things they need to know (which I WILL follow) I expect there'll be a lot of dross which I might skim over.

*Physical, Social & Health Education - basically all that crap you used to do at school about smoking, bullying and drinking. Except the year 11s will have covered all of that.