Thread: Can i justify
View Single Post
Unread 6 Nov 2003, 21:19   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Can i justify

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Depends what you mean by "non-left wing". By your standards, they'd have all been left-wing.
Hay I acknowledge that I'm more (economic) right wing than Adolf Hitler.

Quote:
The only right-wing (or rather, pro-market) lecturer I've ever had was for Environmental Politics. The class degenerated into an argument with him every single week (there was me and some girl who advocated the abolition of industrial society and return to primitive society). The lecturer never really came out and advocated anything. I recently had a lecture with Julian LeGrand who seems to be in favour with Mr Blair, and advocates more competetion in the health-service and stuff. Not exactly Ayn Rand's bitter right-wing brother though.
One pro-market lecturer? Mother of ****ing christ. (You better have mocked rousseau in that class if she advocated the return to pre-industrial society)

Quote:
There's been a few Marxists (one quite attractive young lady who supervised my dissertation who seemed to own every single copy of New Left Review on her wall), and one guy who in the middle of a lecture of global politics started ranting about the evil of American imperialism to the point where he had to go and sit down.
I refuse to believe you've met an attractive marxist. The concept defies all rational belief. Looks like my classes are nothing unusual and I'm in for the long haul then.

Quote:
The rest have been smug liberals of various kinds, vaguely left wing - sneering at authotarian trends or Blairite banality, but the lot of them wouldn't know a picket line from their arsehole.
Most people who like to think they're liberal just pick it as an ideology because it's convenient and usually requires little thought or justification.