View Single Post
Unread 27 Jan 2016, 01:08   #1
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough
Changing the Covert Op's Tech Tree

I propose re-arranging the Tech Tree for covert ops.

Network(agent steal)
Defection(Guard kill)
Research
Anarchy
Portable Emp(Amps/dist)
Structure
Bank hack
Ship steal

Since the change to Ship kill 6 or so rounds ago it's been used quite a lot as a starting Strategy from t24. Several alliances have included it into their pre-round stats plan. Which I think is cool, creative and not the problem. However I do think the problem is how easily accessed it is, Most races can have ship steal by pt24 with very little commitment on their part. I should know i've done it 2 or 3 times already. I dont want it removed because it adds a dynamic aspect to the game I just would like to see planets have to commit for it instead of just spending their start up on it and then go back to normal after they get their pods.

It has been observed by most that the PA team has done a fairly bad job at monitoring the farming of ships and only a handful of planet get closed for it. Which is why I also would like to speed up the rate at which planets get c200'd so that these "farms" would be taken out of the universe much quicker.