View Single Post
Unread 2 Oct 2008, 15:03   #29
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Redrawing the Planetarion Universe

Adding geography to the game would be a big step forward in making it more interesting. The idea proposed in the OP is something long talked about, generally, by having the active planets grouped in the center, while the newbies started out "on the edge" and the middle class (read: feeder planets) in between the two groups.

However, your planet would have to "move" through the universe as it grew in size/score/value or whatever, which would be (I imagine) tricky to code. If it was a fixed point, you'd be stuck in the newbie zone with targets getting further away...assuming you weren't in an alliance, but did well as a beginner.

What needs to happen, is some sort of map system based either on alliances or private galaxies. Much like a Risk board. How un-allied, random, and newly created planets would appear is certainly a point of contention.

I simply don't see any other way to add geography in the current x:y:z coordinate system.

*Totally agree with mz about research queing aswell.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote