View Single Post
Unread 12 Aug 2010, 19:15   #4
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough
Re: Credit Bonus Modification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The underlying question being: to what end? What would this achieve? How would it make the game better and more fun?
My reasoning's as why I believe this would make it better and more fun is because it's not a permanent decision. There are multiple times during rounds where players wish they had saved their bonus for inc/large retal cap/etc stuff they're likely not prepared for but a re-occurring bonus would help out in those spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster View Post
I'm also not sure I understand the slider thing.
Mostly it's just that I'm not certain how I would want to implement construction points into the bonus as I would bet 99% of the time no one takes CU.
This would allow for taking CU when you no longer need any Research Points to fill up your constructions later in the rounds.
Quote:
I'm also confused as to how reducing the CU/tick and RP/tick to 0 at tick start encourages players to upgrade.
I believe it has to be lower as it would be re-usable.
It could start up at the normal rates we have now then regrow that would be an option as well.
Quote:
Finally, the current setup is 4000+24*tick RP and 2000+18*tick CU and 10000 + 4800*tick resources and 6+3/20*tick asteroids (from here)

All of your numbers are much lower than this, so I assume that you mean, for example, you want to change it to 0+ 50*tick RP, 0+30*tick CU, etc to encourage upgrading?
Numbers need to be lower (but maybe not as low as I was suggesting) as the re-usability would make this WAAAAAAY too good if it was the same as we have now
Quote:
I'm not sure what the staggering scenario, especially of RP/CU, really gains for the added complexity.
It adds more options.
The simple ability to use the bonus more then once should be reason enough to encourage a higher percentage of paid planets.
All numbers were purely examples of what could be done, and what I would think would be fair.
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote