View Single Post
Unread 30 Aug 2010, 17:26   #43
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of
Re: Replace the incompetent MH staff

So, i was a MH for manymany rounds, and although most ppl would call me incompetent too (usually because they got closed/warned, not neccesarily because i was wrong), i still think i can have an opinion on this.

In this case, i agree that stipulating Geil as Horny is too quick a judgement, especially if you look at some other, much more offensive r/p names who havent been warned/changed. Geil has many more meanings in german. On the other side, ppl COULD see this as offensive, and that might have been the reasoning.

I think in GENERAL, the MH staff is quite competent. The problem is, that amongst the few hundred decisions MH's have to take each round, there is bound to be a few border cases, or questionable decisions. I myself have made my share of mistakes. In a number of those cases other MH's had to point this out to me, in other cases players convinced me my view of things was wrong. In some cases, i was wrong and still thought i was right. That happens.

As a side note: my apologies for those cases i was wrong, and still 'punished' you.

My point is, those few wrongly judged cases always turn up high-profile cases, because the victim or victims scream havoc to all of the community and everyone jumps on the threads about them. The 97% of rightly done cases dont have that high profile.

My advice to all players is:

You wont get anywhere screaming murder. Be calm and stress your points. If you are still judged to be in violation of the EULA, swallow and accept it. Simply because it wont help you much. In cases where you think you have been treated extremely unrightfull, appeal in some way to the PA Team or even the owner of the game (no clue if they do this kind of stuff). This of course implies that PA Team should be willing to dare to challenge a member of the PA Team about their field of authority.

One more thing: never ever should the excuse that 'another r/p is much worse' be used. If you have committed a crime like burglary, no judge would ever listen to: 'but my celmate has committe dmurder, so you should release me !'. Think about that.
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote