View Single Post
Unread 22 Dec 2006, 15:54   #31
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Survivor of GD : In what way has being here affected you?

I actually think that GD has made me more insulting towards people.

My friends all share the same kind of humour tolerance as GD (ie: pretty much anything goes in terms of insults and banter), so I'm ok there. It's when I venture outside of IRC and my friends (speaking to new people, or old friends who I haven't seen for a while) that I forget that this special brand of humour isn't necessarily appreciated by everyone.

I have refined my "your mother" jokes to a high level - JBG is an excellent mentor! If only one day I could be as good as him
(i'm actually serious about the above line - I regularly find myself throwing "your mother" quips at people in real life very quickly, without thinking about them. it kind of backfires when i do it to my sister though)

My values have changed also. I don't know - but I'm quite sure - that my values in terms of money and possessions (etc) would be different, especially coming from Jersey. I've seen a lot of my old friends go down the finance path and earn lots of money there (london wages, usually) while still living with their parents. This has resulted very much in a "how much do you earn then" kind of mentality. I think seeing people like Dante chat about his values (which, while rather extreme - I mean who gets a SATSUMA for christmas?! - are much more down to earth than a lot of people) or Yahwe for shunning people when they talk about money in a value sense, have made me rethink what is and isn't important in life. I think that as a result of this I decided teaching was a good idea - as I've been brought round to believing you should enjoy life, and use money to enjoy it, rather than the other way round. Sorry if that paragraph wasn't clear. It makes sense in my head!

I have Dace to thank for showing that stories can be quite easily broken down without being a chore to write. I then wrote a few of my own and found that people appreciated them, which really boosted my confidence.

I also think that GD made me a better internetter than I would otherwise be. Seeing most of the IRC conversations in your average channel, none of them are as in-depth and provoking as #forums. It's also taught me to not take things seriously on the internet, and making light of a situation is usually much better than to get wound up about it.