View Single Post
Unread 31 Dec 2006, 18:15   #9
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: 2007: A Cultural Revolution

While nothing "obvious" has happened during 2006 that we have noticed, I expect that in a decade's time or so we'll see innovations which were started in 2006, or were being produced/provided in 2006. Something doesn't have to be started and finished in the same year for it to be noticeable.

Your examples of Russell Brand (who I actually really enjoy) and Pete Docherty (who i think is pretty talentless but he seems to be very successful) aren't really representative of anything. You seem to say "they have been successful but i don't know if britain is ready for them so we have yet to see if they will be successful" which doesn't really make any sense. No offence dude, but you could have chosen better examples.

Some things I noticed in 2006 that I expect will be referred to in future years:
-Jamie Oliver's "Healthy Eating" initiative in schools went from strength to strength (i'm likely to pay more attention to this kind of thing than most of you though, I guess)
-We supposedly have made some sort of progress in Iraq (although how you want to define progress seems to be pretty subjective)
-North Korea started some nuclear tests. Again, this could be the beginnings of something more serious - hopefully not.
-The Lib Dems lose what was a pretty good leader (in my humble opinion, although from what dante, sarina and a few others have said, my political views are normally "wrong"), due to alcoholism
-We lost TOTP
-Scotland starts the smoking ban initiative (guernsey did too, actually!!) which I think is a pretty big thing that will affect a large proportion of the population, whether we are smokers or not
-Bird Flu is discovered in the UK (hopefully this will not be something we refer back to as the beginnings of something more serious, but who knows)
-Saddam Hussein is sentenced to death

Those were off the top of my head.