View Single Post
Unread 15 Sep 2010, 20:08   #17
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice
Re: Planetarion - Put an Axe through it

go play xxx-clone if you demand the axe!

PA needs new improved features if it wants to be played by masses again or for that matter stand the test of time
It needs micromanagement to offer a single player experience
what it doesnt need is 50 ships each race i agree, it rather needs diversity in what you can do with your planet

i know there is many around who want the "old" PA back, be it scanning for roids, 3 tick attacks or cluster eta reduction
myself even is in favour of some of those

BUT

its the wrong direction , we arent in the 90īs or 00`s anymore, ppl want gfx, depth and something you can achieve (apart from #1 planet, #1 gal and #1 alliance)
they want to be part of something

atm 50% of the active players are fighting for those goals (some more, some less) while the other 50% (beeing it inactives or NEW players) provide their farms with nothing to gain apart from "ohh i jumped 30 ranks with that attack!!! - im now 367th!"

why is a war between HEX and horde unseen for most of the universe ?
why is there no ranking inside of an alliance, where xyz defends his mates 50 times a round, while abc is idling his ass off?
why is a war just about asteroids ? and not about dominating a planet, a galaxy, a cluster?
where is a global market in PA ? why is there only 3 ressources and why does every planet have em ? why cant we establish trade-routes, control planets full of ressource xy? therefore fight wars for those ressources, for control?
why is there only the war path to build up your planet ? wouldnt someone want to be a pirate instead, a merchant? a sientist, a poltician?

games nowadays get more realistic with every feature they implement, beeing in tactical depth (military or economic) or beeing it uber realistic Full-HD gfx

i think we all agree on PA not beeing a gfx driven game, but where the hell is our economic and military depth then ?

my 5 cents

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote