View Single Post
Unread 3 Mar 2019, 21:55   #40
[B5]Londo
Paso Leaute

[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of[B5]Londo has much to be proud of
Re: Forts and whining

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I'm not really bothered about the semantics of how it's implimented, that's for the PA crew to figure out.
It seems to me that if you do want a change to actually happen then it is exactly the semantics of implementation that you need to be worried about. Far to often things get done without the consequences being fully thought or argued through. Just saying I want this result and presuming it is easy to do means that in all likelihood it gets done in some half-assed and damaging way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [JungleMuffin] View Post
I don't see why it's not possible to have gals fully composed of randoms, we've had it before.
booji's whole point was that it is possible to have fully random gals, but the corollary of them used to be fully private gals too. The half way house between them where you have in a universe half bp half random but gals more than half bp could certainly be implemented but it certainly wont be because it would be staggeringly unfair due to having leftover gals of all random without a core. The PA crew do strive to have a level playing field at tickstart however much things may diverge thereafter. Which brings things back to the implementation question.

As for myself, I would have dismissed the idea of eliminating gals as heresy not long ago, but the more I play the more I think of the gal race as totally pointless. No-one played the slightest attention to it this round if they were not actually in 6.6. Whether I could be bothered with the semantics of implementing a different system is a completely different question!!