Thread: Congrats ND
View Single Post
Unread 28 Aug 2011, 22:06   #137
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Congrats ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest View Post
I think it rather depends on the alliance.

I think with Asc (without a proper knowledge of them, so feel free to put me right) would have members influence the alliance a lot.
The point of ascendancy is that if you put in effort into a particular area, you could contribute. We were pretty open in our discussions about everything until later on, when some individuals seemed to get in when really they just wanted a flag of convenience (Jesterocracy fixed this).

Quote:
But then with 1up, Sid knew what he wanted and what could be achieved and he would do it. If members didn't like it, they could leave and would be promptly roided.
I think he would take into account the members but generally, would have members who would do what he wanted. It was always about doing what the command wanted. Fury were the same.
If you were a Fury member would you doubt Sid? I mean really? I don't think he needed to care that much beyond considering the welfare of their planets and morale.

Quote:
Legion were always planet/member orientated and never really seemed to have hc in full command, it was more that hc would react to what the members did, whereas with Fury/1up it was members having to react to what the hc wanted.
Given that Legion shifted from the Fury to the Xanadu sphere based on the personnel making up their HC team, I find this to be doubtful. You could say politics would lead to infighting but from my experience the HC of Legion were never stooges of the membership and very much people who were in charge.

Quote:
Players seem to stay on the same side.
Whether that was the good Fury/1up/asc/ct/nd side of pa or the Legion/exil/section/dragons/ldk/apprime/ultores side too.
of course there was/is some crossing over but as a general I don't think there was too much

Good to have you on the thread though, makes a difference to have some proper posters instead of trolls.
I think this is too much of a sweeping generalisation to take at face value, although a lot of people stick around with their friends.

For example, you have players who only stick with an alliance because it's winning as their own planet score is their only concern. Or you have people who strike out in different alliances and need to make new ties to get along in the game.

The sentiment is appreciated. I'm still moderating here, so I like to post from time to time.