Thread: Congrats ND
View Single Post
Unread 26 Aug 2011, 20:35   #107
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about
Re: Congrats ND

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokken View Post
Individuals are more important than alliances when it comes to politics. Sometimes alliances just win because they are better rather than because they made great political moves. Really though, I'd focus on people when it comes to politics rather than the alliances they represent. For example someone like JBG would wield influence whichever alliance he was playing for.
I totally agree.

I would say that there is one thing that is more important then any individual or political moves though, which is belonging to a community. The alliance needs to be a source for friendship and humour. Every member needs to hope they get through the war with a decent chance to score a top10 planet. BECAUSE IF YOU DONT WAR UR FKING SHIT IMO. If they get out with an average planet, there is always next round. When an alliance becomes a community, and the players start putting ally over planet, they will dominate the game in one way or another, every round.
Of course there are players within the community who nurse upon this, and take the neccessary actions to reach the alliance goals, but people are not forced to play..

I feel Ascendancy and Apprime has these qualities, both having a history of kicking a large number of people who didnt put alliance over planet.

Whatever this dude Forest is talking about, it must be some other game.
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote