View Single Post
Unread 2 Aug 2006, 09:22   #178
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future
Re: Planetarion: Is this what the future holds?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipZ^
Simple question : HOW can an allaince make another allaince quit PA?? By "bashing" them?? Since when does bashing allainces make them quit?
Good question. Bashing them doesn't nessecarily make them quit. But if a group's *goal* is to make them quit--then I, for one, wouldn't think very highly of them. It's not nesseccarily from the ingame stuff that'd make an alliance quit, but people whose ultimate goal is to make someone else quit often tend to take things out of the game.

Prime example: Rec_Edge. The things he's done to people throughout the game to try and make them quit after they exiled him, or something else minor, is deplorable. For instance, I know he called a 1up player's phone and threatened him with death, among other things.

Playing the game is one thing--but you must remember it's a game--no matter how much effort you put into it. I, for one, put a lot of effort into the game, but I always remember that in the end, I'll still be friends with people in opposing alliances, and I can still shoot the shit and chat with folks, no matter who-did-what or who-bashed-and-killed-someone ingame.

By taking things out of the game itself, and applying a level of hatred to someone that you want them to quit the game, or be harmed in real life, is *not* the way to go (as opposed to just wanting them hurt ingame, which is perfectly acceptable in a war game).

-NitinA
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote