Thread: The Console War
View Single Post
Unread 30 Mar 2007, 21:00   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: The Console War

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Buy a $600 PC today and it will play some games. It will have no chance to play games that are released in 3 years time though.
In 3 years time buy another $600 PC then, when the console user updates, and get to experience those last three years of games. Obviously that works from a different mindset, and closer to someone who buys the consoles at the end of their lifespan, but it's not like they are equivilent in other ways. Show me an RPG with the depth or maturity of Planescape: Torment or Baldur's Gate 2 on the consoles, or a decent RTS, or turn based strategy game.

Having said that, this argument only really applies to the cutting edge FPS games. I could certainly play Neverwinter Nights 2, for example, on my old XP2500+/Radeon 9700 Pro system from 2002 - although I will admit, that cost a few hundred pounds more than $600. Give it 6 months, though, and you'd be in the right ballpark, and closer to the 3 year estimate anyway.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote