View Single Post
Unread 2 Feb 2006, 11:22   #42
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Reporting abusive reps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smudge
Limit rep to PA Discussions, Suggestions and Stratergy
This is the suggestion that i like the most - since pretty much the start, forum rep has been totally pointless for GD users (at least) as their high volume of posts and so on results in everyone having 11 green blobs next to their name after a week or two. there have been quite a few threads started on that issue (if anyone wants links let me know), and are usually accompanied by a 'remove rep' type suggestion/request/demand.

Personally, i think the whole reputation system is much better suited to the PD/Suggestions/Strategy section of these forums than for anywhere else - it allows positive reinforcement, general comments, permits people to neg rep those who dont use the forum search tools when they know they should etc etc. Also, the PD et al section seems to have a much friendlier and more tolerant group of people posting there - reducing the need for more harsh measures.

THe problem is, afaik (JJ will be able to clarify), i dont think rep can be limited to just a couple of sections of the forum (PD et al), whilst not elsewhere. Also, if forum rep is displayed everywhere, posters who frequent both PD and GD like Furbeh will have lots of green (or red ) blobs next to their name, and other GD posters would want to have them too, thus trolling forums that they wouldnt otherwise see a need to, and thus creating more work for the mods. Now, as a Strategy moderator, its usually so quiet that deleting trollers in there is actually a highlight, but i imagine on PD and Suggestions it would prove to be a major headache. Thus: rep would have to be limited in receiving and viewing to only a couple of forums, both of which are uncertain (though afaik not able) to do.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote