View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2003, 15:24   #16
hyfe
Dum Di Dum Di

hyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet societyhyfe is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: improving the gaming experience not the game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey
While reading this reply a major problem just struck me. An alliance takes part in a random strike against a planet, the news then identifies that planets alliance. Now the attackers have the co-ords of an enemy admittedly attacking one planet from an alliance probally wouldnt be enough to trigger the news item but this brings me to another problem, in a random universe would it ever be triggered, alliances generally dont just target the members of an alliance they are at war with, they will pick one or more of their galaxies and take them all out no matter what alliance they are this surely wouldnt trigger a news item (unless you have a news item about an alliance roiding a galaxy)
Now.. Alliance news... here is an idea with potential.

1. As long as the rules/guidelines for what becomes posted are open and readable, any information gained becomes more of a sleazy tactic / feature rather than exploiting a bug atleast.

2. Designing an automatic systen for newsreporting would be difficult, but i'm fairly sure a good coder could come up with a good solution.

3. Now; to get some flesh in this feature, rather than dry fact reporting; The hc's of the relevant alliances should be allowed to comment on the news. Give each involved party access to a one-liner sentence, which may link to a longer text if wanted.. Have a delay of 8 hours or so in the news reporting allowing them to comment (comments should also be allowed to inserted after that time also ofc)

4. As in the real world, journalists can't report on stuff they don't know about. An option would be to include a 'report battle' functioanilty in the battlereports, where the battlereport is sent to the "journalist", which makes an automatic choices of what to generate.