View Single Post
Unread 27 Oct 2003, 19:05   #8
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: improving the gaming experience not the game mechanics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Browolf
hmm cant think of anything better tho.
I freely admit to be better at having ideas than describing them.
Neither can I but it just doesnt seem to sit right I'm sure someone out there can be creative enough to come up with their own term that sounds right or pick up some sci-fi term that would work though

Quote:
The added alliance stuff goes someway to helping. I agree different planets in news everyday is not much interest but I for one would really be interested in who's attacking who alliancewise. Mit should be able to add some of his pa tools functionality to the back-end to indicate alliance fleet movements and alliance gains/losses and then you just need someone to take figures and make it into news. Perhaps it could be weekly news. then alliances could be asked to comment on the facts of the previous week. it's an added dimension to the game experience and enables alliances to create a public image by how they explain the things that have happened. couple that with
the good, neutral, evil idea. There is a role to be played....roleplaying. It doesnt have to revolve around big alliances all the time either. if a small alliance jumps ten places up the table, we want to know why. Plus stats like universe roid growth, ships in universe, roid movements etc. All these things exist within the game. They just need gathering by pa team.
While reading this reply a major problem just struck me. An alliance takes part in a random strike against a planet, the news then identifies that planets alliance. Now the attackers have the co-ords of an enemy admittedly attacking one planet from an alliance probally wouldnt be enough to trigger the news item but this brings me to another problem, in a random universe would it ever be triggered, alliances generally dont just target the members of an alliance they are at war with, they will pick one or more of their galaxies and take them all out no matter what alliance they are this surely wouldnt trigger a news item (unless you have a news item about an alliance roiding a galaxy)

Quote:
that's exactly what i'm saying. It just makes more sense to me. And it allows future development to look at strengthening aspects of job types and promotes continuity through rounds.
Arent we going to end up with a bunch of rubbish sounding races though, tbh id perfer its kept at planet name. However we could combine the current way and your idea to enchance the game a little more. With many MMPORPG's you not only choose a race but also things like profession, doing simerlar in PA would make everyone just a little more diverse as they would go together to deide your playing style. For example the race could decide which ships (with the ships being pre PAX type ships with proper differneces) you have access to, your profession would decide what Research, Contruction and cov op bonus/hanicaps you have. You could even take it a step further and have a civ type setting where you choose your governing stance which would effect your production rate, resource gathering rate and fighting ability. It would certainly make us more individual and its the creating of our charchter part that I person find good about MMPORPG's as I can creat a charchter that fine tuned to how i wish to playand which is as unique as it can be.

Ofc it might actually be impossible to balance with so many factors
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote