Thread: E-Mail
View Single Post
Unread 20 Feb 2007, 16:04   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: E-Mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
I'd probably look down on someone with a hotmail e-mail address personally, especially if I were hiring for a job that had anything to do with computers. You should be fine with gmail or yahoo though.
I'd sort of agree with this, although it would be quickly overcome if they had typed everything properly, avoided AOLisms and so on. For anything business related I prefer to use [email protected] or a personal domain. One of the annoying things about hotmail is that it (or used to) restricts you from using fullstops, which means having to put in things like joe_bloggs which doesn't look as neat. I'd tend to view Yahoo in a similar light to Hotmail though, and I guess Gmail will go the same way due to some subconscious elitism.

I'd be more hostile to Hotmail but I know at least one person who has kept his Hotmail account since way back when and he's a professional programmer.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote