View Single Post
Unread 24 Aug 2005, 23:17   #8
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Stat changes for R15

Quote:
Originally Posted by are
Cathaars are weak enough as they are
They can not fight of a Zik attack.
They can not fight of a Terran attack.
They can not fight of a Cathaar attack.
They can not fight of a Xan attack.
This is for the simple reason a Cath has to be 100% covered as everyone just sails on as they know they get roids if the def is wrong and loose nothing if the def is correct.
Considering that 80% of the T10 is cathaar, surely saying they're 'weak enough' is unfair? Particularly as they are the most efficient roiders in the uni.

Scorpions are 0 loss CO defence, and vipers are a respectable anti FR; and, considering hte strength of the CO fleet, there's plenty of those around!

One suggestion I have thought about is simply changing the sentinel to a FI. Perhaps it would require an armour-beef-up, as would the arrowhead, and maybe a slight dmg decrease. This would make the FI fleet more successful I feel as it is now no longer a 0 loss defence and people are then encouraged to send more FI on attacks. Additionally, cath are now inable to steal such effective anti FI. Keeping the peacekeeper as it is is fair enough IMO; changing its init back to shooting with the syren really helped prevent complete destabilisation of hte stats before the round.

I've taken a shine to these stats, after really disliking hte first draughts I saw. Cathaar ascendancy would suffer respectably though with the above change to sentinels as now they cannot be stolen, and therefore caths cannot be made almost immune to FI.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote