View Single Post
Unread 31 Aug 2010, 13:07   #23
oil

oil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to beholdoil is a splendid one to behold
Re: NFI Statement on todays political shifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
Not really. I fail to see how other alliances not going for the win should decrease your own motivation to. Quite the opposite: the fewer alliances go for the win, the higher your own chances of winning are.
Well that's not really true is it. Say CT and NFI were the only alliances who really tried to win. We'd get blown out of the water... If 5 others were trying to win, they'd inveitably be hitting whoever was at the top and would level out the enormous disparity in capability between CT and NFI. Simply put: the more alliances going for a win, the better chance we'd have of stealing it.

I didn't actually say that apprime and ascendancy giving up was reason for us to lessen our motivation to win, I said it'd lessen our motivation to hit the top alliance. Seeing as we have no chance of winning, the only motivation for hitting the top alliance is simply because I'd rather be playing a more exciting round of planetarion, and increase the fun had from the spectatorship aspect of the game. But, like I said, seeing as you and apprime have already given up, this isn't any longer much of a motivating factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
The problem here is that alliances like CT are never the ones to take the initiative.
The initiative here being the rallying of two other alliances far more capable than us, who are hitting us, and marching them upon the rocks of the top alliance who haven't been hitting us. Why? Because the alliance whose illustrious footsteps you lament us unable to follow in have already ****ing given up. Give me a ****ing break..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
Even ODDR gave it a try this round, but CT are just an inert force and always have been.
ODDR tried what this round? They've been hitting CT in an effort to finish 5th. I think that's perfectly reasonable. They're playing their round to the best of their ability to attain the highest rank possible. It's also exactly what we're doing.
oil is offline   Reply With Quote