Thread: Reset time?
View Single Post
Unread 28 Oct 2014, 06:53   #55
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold
Re: Reset time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen_Chaos View Post
I really don't want to engage in a discussion with somebody who says he isn't even playing this round. Anybody who isn't playing the round should stay out of this discussion, regardless of how much an expert on the universe and all things in it they feel they are. That has to be the ultimate troll, by the Ultimate Troll who will always take the opposing opinion on anything, to say he isn't playing a round but making like he is a wise oracle who approves of something that ofc 80% of the game does not like. Take a poll if you doubt that number.

We can massage it all we want but the reality is that attacks are unstoppable when the numbers get even reasonably high. Any experienced player knows that people will immediately start looking at blocks and stripping one ally at a time of roids.

I have not accused anybody of blocking yet, I am stating the obvious of what is going to happen. This isn't whining, we are doing quite well enough at this point. The first thing trollers say is "Oh you are complaining because you are losing." Well, check the rankings. That is not why I am complaining.

Current rank doesn't mean anything, because we play to enjoy it, not to have meaningless game play. This round is like havoc, it's just not "serious" or worth playing. But if an ally wants to keep continuity it has to play it through despite the annoying character of the round.

As to ppl who say that these ridiculous specs are a breath of fresh air, or that we just need to adjust, keep in mind that any continuous online game has a following, and an expectation of certain things to happen in a game. We expect defense to be possible, we expect defense ships to be able to match the etas of attacking ships, we expect the races to be balanced enough that one can choose (ideally) any race and make a go of it with good handling of that race's specs.

None of these things are happening, which generally is just frustrating players. When you change a game to this extent in one round, you lose a lot of players. Let's see how the signups look next round after this one, I am going to bet it drops.
Actually, in my experience you see more blockbehaviour in defensive rounds as in offensive rounds, for the simple fact that you need more attackfleets to bring down a single alliance. With stats that are this offensive even a small alliance is able to roid, and gain score, from attacking a top ranked planet/alliance.

Once again, this is not the first round with offensive stats, nor will it be the last. In fact, just a few rounds ago the community stated that they much prefered offensive stats to the primarily defensive stats we encountered in r41-49. I personally much prefer ridiculously offensive stats than overly defensive stats. Even tho I mostly played (and HC'd) in alliances that were build around a strong defense. Yes, getting landed on sucks, but believe me, not being able to land on anything after pt400 without bring everyone and their dogs on a single alliance sucks way worse.

As for losing players, PA has been changing stats for close to 60 rounds now, i seriously doubt a bad set of stats will scare away that much more players than the natural dwindling explains. And for some that leave, others will return again, as that's just the way things have been for the past 20-30 rounds now.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote