View Single Post
Unread 5 Aug 2005, 13:35   #16
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Dynamic salvage - a way to retain players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appocomaster
I did with the first one - using score not value means that XP is taken into consideration. Extrapolating, this would mean that XP high races like cathaar (and Xan?) don't get more of a salvage benefit just because of their race. I feel it'd probably be more fair.
Well, that doesnt make sense. I was under the impression that Xan in particular, and Cathaar to a lesser extent, were the most brittle races in the universe. Thus, it would make sense that their ships die more often, to a much greater degree, and would thus warrant full salvage than, say, a Terran who should never ever loose their fleet as their ships are just massive lumps of armour. Indeed, if a terran looses their fleet, shouldnt they be punished for absolute stupidity instead? .

I think that a more valid argument for the use of score, would be that a new player has virtually all their score tied up in value - there is very little XP and thus a massive disparity between a new player (remember, we are trying to help new players, not scanners or XP wh0res [Even though my personal opinion is that XP wh0ring should be encouraged as it detracts from the conventional build-massive-fleet-and-trash-everyone-you-see type "old" pa "strategy"] ), thus, a calculation based on score is more likely to benefit those with the lowest score - ie those who dont know how to attack effectively.

Quote:
and you were saying how you didn't trust all us poms, not just me
I was just poking fun mate. everyone knows that aussies never trust poms .
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote