View Single Post
Unread 9 Jul 2012, 01:26   #60
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Jagex Introduction / Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monroe View Post
It's funny you say that wakey. While I agree with your basic premise about Spinner just being at the right place at the right time with the right idea, I disagree about PA not being a social game. The only reason I still play PA is because it is a social game that doesn't chew up to much of my time. If PA was like Eve from a time commitment standpoint I'd call it quits. If it took much less time to play then I would probably also quit because there wouldn't be enough interaction with other people for it to still be social. At least for the remaining PA player base PA is almost entirely social, the game itself is fairly mundane and boring. But you are right in that we're mostly just a bunch of bored nerds who don't want to leave our friends, so we put in enough time to stick around.
You are using 'social game' in a slightly different way to the way I am. Any game that has a multiplayer option obvious has a social aspect to it but 'Social Games' are the kind of games you see on Facebook which are relatively low commitment (for example Farmville) and leverage the social side of gaming but also in a fairly non-committal method and at a fairly low level. Its more of a casual gaming experience hence why most social games user base skews towards 30+ Females as opposed to the usual demo of Young males

PA's social aspect operate at a much higher level, closer to that required in MMORPG's where relationships with other players are essential and requires immense commitment on both sides. You could leverage the social networks features and it might help a little in the short term but its really not compatible to get the most out of it. That would require the social aspect to be simplified and made less essential and certainly from the 2-4am aspect that MrLobster mentions
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote