View Single Post
Unread 29 Jun 2005, 15:11   #16
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Vote: Name the round competition for round XIV

*sigh*
this looks like 'fun' eh.

What usually happens is :
All the entries get mailed to one person. that person then shows the complete list to pateam who each pick 5 of their favourites from that list.
those lists ( which more often then not, overlap ) are then put to the public vote.

On one hand i agree with mr pedantic a certain amount : its not a name which should really have been chosen in my opinion as its too close to certain alliances, and its irrelevent for a space game. - plus as mentioned, there was no such honour for the old-time greats such as fury, legion, concordium etc.

On the other i agree with pateam - i would be surprised if there was a mass conspiracy to ensure a certain name, or selection of names won.

regardless, the name choice is undoubtedly damaging for pateam due to the obvious implications and one i dont think i would have chosen personally for the reasons i mentioned above.