View Single Post
Unread 10 Feb 2017, 08:28   #28
Buddah
Knight of Ni!

Buddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the roughBuddah is a jewel in the rough
Re: Round stagnation

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji View Post
On the suggestions so far:
Initiation limits: I think this would have no impact, and certainly not at 1000. There are very few players and alliances who will initiate once at this level anyway. And mostly they will only do so when things are stable. This therefore seems to me to be a symptom of the problem not something that will solve it. If app could not keep initiating beyond 1k would they have gone to war with norse? I doubt it; just send more fleets at p3nguins.

Olav in a throw away part mentions 'war downtime'. This would be one option; app has been to war several times with p3n. What would they do if during a war downtime phase they could not physically hit that ally? Wars I think should be more flexible - the HCs launching it can within limits set its length but then the longer the 'downtime' where they cant attack that alliance. This would help force politics to shift.

Flexible round lengths I like the idea of. It helps add an incentive to chase after #1 though I am not certain that would actually have unstuck this round as part of the problem was both ult and norse preferring an app win to their other main rival.
It is not very relevant to the suggestion but I dont see why it forces the monetary system to change. It just means that it becomes much harder to work out when it is best to spend it which is probably a good thing. Since mz suggests that we would get a warning of how close the top ally is to winning ppl would not lose out on the bonus. The bigger downside for me is that it subordinates planet and gal wins entirely to ally win. Ally win may be locked up but there could still be very interesting other races which would be cut short.

As much as I would love to fire away on the tags size question I will refrain as we have been over it before.
After tick 500: When #1 Alliance is 10% bigger than #2 round last one more week. All stock counts to score. If #2 catches up it gets extended one day each 1% they catch up. Why should 620 players care much about #1 gal or 647 players about #1 Planet?

Xp should be a bigger part. So that alliance or gal that is fencing can be catched up. Big lands with value loss for both sides should give more xp. A forced recal of a big fleet l should get more xp than from a small. Fakes? Right now value is a lot more important than actually playing the game.

Battle reports is the fun thing, but that it ends the round sucks. We have so few players so the longer we can make it competitive for everyone the more interesting round.
Maybe offensive Salvage?
Buddah is offline   Reply With Quote