Thread: Research Labs
View Single Post
Unread 20 Jun 2011, 01:16   #7
Light
You've Seen The Light

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Research Labs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reincarnate View Post
from what i can tell, your way of "simplifying" things requires more planning and strategy. please explain how this is simplifying things.
its simple to understand but still requires thought to get the most out of it; Which is what most mechanics should be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
You primarily want quick research in the early in the round, so you build reslabs early on. Whether you get 10 RP per reslab or +X% based on the ratio of reslabs : constructions doesn't make a difference in the large scheme of things.
Constructions currently do not make a difference in the large scheme of things; so while you could argue that it doesnt make that much difference.. I'd see that as a good thing as you're taking something needlessly complicated out of the game and replacing it with something as effective but easier to understand.

If you wanted to make constructions make an actual major difference, you'd nerf the race and government bonuses to ensure that players get the vast majority of there research points and income bonus from constructions (and implement a building to improve construction points).

Then you'd have major strategy in constructions, while keeping the system simple to understand and hard to majorly screw up (as as new players tend to build abit of everything rather than spam one thing unless instructed to).

Quote:
I don't have a particular problem with this suggestion, I don't see how it makes the game worse, but I also don't see how it makes the game more strategic either.
It was mainly to get rid of a needlessly complicated formula, making it slightly more strategic would only be an additional bonus.
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote