View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2008, 20:09   #37
Pilgrim
Bline

Pilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these partsPilgrim is infamous around these parts
Re: Fake nicking: good or bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadrath
I have to say I'm not a huge fan of fake nicking even if I do recognise that it can to some extent have advantages.

What i don't get is the argument that fake nicking necessarily equals an inactive or unwelcome gal channel, which seems to be a significant argument in this thread. From my own experience of fake nicking in the past and of having randoms fake nick in gal with me is that it makes absolutely no difference on how the gal interacts. Anecdotal evidence aside their is no reason why a gal channel filled with fake nicks will be any different to a channel with real nicks.

Players who for whatever reason feel the need to have a seperate gal channel because they dont trust the gal when organising def or w/e will have one regardless if they fake nick or not. If their not going to cooperate fully with the gal and have a seperate bp gal channel then it makes absolutely no difference whether they sit in the public gal chan with their real nicks or their fake nicks.

If the arguement is that players create 'dead' gal chans by having their bp in a seperate chan where they talk then surly its a case of dont have a seperate gal chan more than dont use fake nicks.
I think the point is people running 2 mircs only look at 1 of them at a time normally their real nick and neglect to talk very often on the other if its only in 1 channel
Pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote