View Single Post
Unread 9 Mar 2008, 23:28   #1
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Fake nicking: good or bad?

I'm of the opinion that fake nicking is a bad thing.

Galaxies where people fake nick have a lower level of in-galaxy trust, and channels populated by fake nicks tend to be dead and boring. New players struggle to get involved in the community because of it and it's just generally shit IMO. My evidence for this is my observation of galaxies I've been in and the experience of my housemate who signed up this round and didn't enjoy the main round much, partly because of being thrown in a dead fake-nicking chan.

To try and do something about this I approached a bunch of alliances about agreeing to stop fake nicking and fake channels for a round.

On the whole, the response has been positive, but two of the smallest alliances who I'd have supposed best represented the new players who struggle with fake gal chans believe there is no problem and that no effort needs to be taken.

Are they right?
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote