View Single Post
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 18:07   #220
Furyous

Furyous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to beholdFuryous is a splendid one to behold
Re: Gobsmacked - New Alliance Scoring System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
...otherwise we're in effect saying that PA team are no better able to develop the game than a poll of (effectively) random people using this forum is. And wouldn't that be a shocker.
a) Pa forums do not contain 'effectively' random people. Most people on forums are either avid observers of the game, or serious players.
b) I admire the work done by PA staff, but I very much doubt they bring anything to the decision making process that a toincoss wouldn't (In terms of making the right decision).

You are right about PA needing to define it's market, and appeal (through game design) to that market accordingly. But it will take a lot more than that to get tens of thousands of players back to the game. Why? Because it's low tech. It's no longer the pinnacle of internet gameplay, and hasn't been for a long time. But that's no reason to say that the gameplay can't still appeal (snake, anyone?).

And yes, I agree with you in your A to B analysis.

Last edited by Furyous; 29 Jun 2006 at 18:15.
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote