View Single Post
Unread 29 Jun 2006, 17:38   #213
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Gobsmacked - New Alliance Scoring System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synthetic_Sid
My point is simply that selecting between four (or any arbitrary number of) options based on a forum poll is no more likely to obtain the "right" answer than just sticking with whatever is currently proposed. We have to give PA team credit for having some wider viewpoint on which the current round's changes are based (wrong though that may be) otherwise we're in effect saying that PA team are no better able to develop the game than a poll of (effectively) random people using this forum is. And wouldn't that be a shocker.
I still wasn't arguing in favour of a forum poll. I was suggesting that we take a poll of those HCs who represent their alliances (those with access to #alliances comes to mind). I believe that PA Team are doing their very best, but perhaps the community at large (more specificially: the forums) can help to pick up on certain changes and refine them.

Some of PA Team's decisions are best done with little/no consultation, such as how to run the game and roughly when it starts and stops. However, changing the game mechanics is something which should be considered by more than a handful of people who no longer play the game. If that takes us to the conclusion that PA Team cannot develop the game entirely by themselves, so be it.