View Single Post
Unread 10 Mar 2008, 00:51   #73
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Remove the scan tech tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Tzu
You're naturally completely correct JBG, but the suggestion put forth by Achi just gives new planets unitscans and something akin to jgp's, and gets them nowhere in terms of getting other useful scans, most importantly au's. Are new players to be kept forever unknowing as to what xan fleets are made up of? Are they never going to be given newsscans?
We could change units so they show xan fleets in the same way. The main bonuses of xan "cloak" are the fact your fleets don't show up when attacking.

Quote:
What exactly is the point of retaining scan-planets in this game?
I think dist-whores are a valid addition to the game and I haven't heard of an acceptable counter-balance other than scan planets.

Quote:
Yes, you're right, if we don't give people unitscans straight from tickstart, they might have to log in once a day to set new research in order to get their scantechs in a model that kept the current structure of scantechs yet allow simlutanious multiple teching, they might potentially even lose a few ticks(the horror!), but I hardly think that's the same as gimping them, and it would also go a far way towards getting also the normal players in alliances access to plenty of scans even if the alliance scanners aren't active at that very moment. Heck, let's face it, unless you're active enough to log in more than once a day(i.e. active enough to set your next research once a day), you're not going to be around to check if your attacks get defence either, so in truth all your solution for the newbies requires is a unitscan tech. But hey, that's allready at the very bottom of the pile! So all's fine then, right? No need to change anything, no need to address the real issue of scan-planets! No, none at all.
People don't want to invest lots of time basically entering numbers into a spreadsheet just so they can get to the "fun" part of the game. I think the real issue of scan planets is dramatically overrated. Most scanners are just players who aren't interested in playing "normal" planets. New players don't start off at "pa" levels of activity. They have to get interested in the first place to get there.