View Single Post
Unread 8 Mar 2008, 15:50   #68
Gate
;D!

Gate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himGate is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Remove the scan tech tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by booji
so it would definatly be best if there was some solution that would alow solo playing to be practical, however there also needs to be something to encourage interaction with the galaxy. If members of the galaxy can get scans of the MoW it would need to be made pointed out on the scans page that this is possible so as to prompt them to ask. Having a big message on overview + welcome messages does not seem to be enough to encourage interaction
There is already a huge amount of interaction the moment you want to get past the basic level of PA play.

Effective attacks (access to targets and wingmates who overwhelm defence) & effective defence. Being able to scan distwhores.

I like the idea of greater galaxy interaction but I don't think this solution will lead to the best outcome for new players; it'll simply be a source of more scans for the experienced ones.

I really like the concept of starting out with a simply jgp/unit scan, however.

This approach allows new players to try the game. A proportion of them will find out that it's fun and worth signing up to IRC and logging in. A round or two later, we may find we've got a bunch of extra players we wouldn't otherwise have done.
Gate is offline   Reply With Quote