View Single Post
Unread 6 Jul 2013, 13:03   #25
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: WTF is going on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
For the last 6 rounds ive been playing, the same galaxies has been in the top5, the only thing that has changed within these galaxies is wich alliances certain players has choosen to join to secure that they can end high up. 3:8 has been top1 gal for a long long long time this round, and yet it contains afaik a ND HC and a Ultores HC, and i thought these two alliance would be fighting each other for the round win? Maybe its time to look on how galaxies is set up, maybe its time to go back to all random or full private gals.
The above reads like a classic case of HCs feathering their own nest while the rest compete for something that's ultimately meaningless. Even if you expanded to 100 man alliances, they would still have the political wherewithal to make sure their galaxy isn't on the target list, and it's been happening from the beginning of time. Groups of mates who just sit on the fence and play for their own benefit are just another alliance under multiple tags, and no one should be fooled by them. When they take command positions, it's even worse.

Quote:
Some of the old returning players in my alliance this round would prolly say that the level of dedication and skill has sunken since they last played, imho the moral and ethics of how to play this game is gone for most players, and sadly a lot of people who run alliances.

I think it is about time the PA crew makes the needed changes in the setup, to make these people less influencal. Even the preset block war rounds was more exciting than the type of round we got this round, and the one we have had last rounds where alliances that could be fighting for one would be happy to settle for #2 as long as their friends ended #1 after they killed everyone that was willing to hit em by pt300.
Actually, I think it's very much down to the players themselves. The best rounds have been as a result of alliance leadership keeping it honest and making sacrifices to win the game, or keep the round as open as possible. That means war, which isn't very profitable and is politically challenging for the cosy arrangements you are describing. If NewDawn are competing with Ultores, then some planets in contentious galaxies are just going to have to be hit. If that doesn't happen, then both members of these alliances are effectively playing for someone else's benefit. In which case, what are they there for?

Spore might have been getting beat for their efforts but at least they are playing the game properly. Right now, if I was playing and could ask to join one alliance, it would be Spore as at least I'd be playing as part of a team rather than a flag of convenience.

Last edited by lokken; 6 Jul 2013 at 13:31.
lokken is offline   Reply With Quote